Making Deutsche Bahn more sustainable also entails making our construction projects more sustainable. Looking ahead, we can see that the decarbonisation of transport will place completely different demands on our rail infrastructure, and large-scale projects will be a key activity to meet these challenges.
The realization of these major projects with tunnels or cuttings produces excavated material, several million tons per year in Germany alone. The disposal of this excavated material not only accounts for up to 15% of the construction costs, but also largely ignores a major potential: The marketing of the mineral raw materials contained therein.
With Erdpool, we are creating a central point of contact within the DB Group that bundles experience and expert knowledge, enabling the qualitative marketing of mineral raw materials from infrastructure projects. By marketing the mineral raw materials, such as gravel, sand or natural stone, directly from the mountain to the plant, we can save disposal costs for recyclable parts of the excavated material and conserve natural resources. Of course, we also organize transport by rail, ship or truck.
Our services include:
- Marketing check to assess the material potential
- Systematic evaluation of existing documents with regard to marketing
- Project support
- Market transparency through material advertisements on the Erdpool website
- Logistics planning via rail, water or road to the customer
- Accompaniment of official coordination
- Provision of our partner network
- Support and implementation of risk and contract management as well as profitability analyses